Connecting People With Strategy
The implementation of strategy unlike its formulation involves many people. Communicating strategy and maintaining momentum for implementation is a challenge. Executives often ask how they can build agility into the organisation so that they can adjust roles and activities expediently as the strategy demands it. In this seminar, we review people and change management processes, and HR’s critical role in designing a performance management system that motivates behaviours aligned with the strategic priorities. We focus on understanding how to:
- Engage people across all levels of the organisation to internalise the vision, engage with the strategy and harness their talent
- Create feedback loops to strengthen engagement across the organisation
- Align and connect every role critical to the execution of the strategy to the organisation’s strategic priorities
- Align the talent management process, understand the role of competency frameworks and foster behaviours that support the strategic ambition
This seminar is one of a suite of Strategy Management Professional Development programmes designed to equip leaders and managers engaged in strategy execution to drive measurable change and performance improvement in their organisations.
Our seminars are unique in addressing both the cognitive and behavioural sides of making strategy happen. We go beyond the theories and best practices of strategy execution with the hands on application of proven tools and methodologies to real business challenges. As a seminar delegate, you will actively learn from discussions with your peers and our experts, exercises, and case study work. You will have the opportunity to reflect on and apply what you learn immediately to your own situation.
By the end of this seminar you will:
- Understand how to engage people systematically using different channels for different audiences, including feedback loops
- Become aware of how the organisation culture influences the success of alignment and the impact of change to individuals
- Learn of different techniques available for developing an effective communication programme, that is meaningful and relevant to different stakeholder groups
- Be able to review the formal cascade process for horizontal and vertical alignment
- Understand the role of competency frameworks
- Be able to identify the key indicators of a Performance Management System* in the context of the business strategy
The format of the seminar is one of applied hands on learning coupled with conceptual rigour and subject matter expertise. We take the best of traditional models of training, coaching, and case base learning to deliver high value indispensable content and know-how for today’s leaders engaged in managing and implementing strategy. We incorporate exercises to simulate real working situations. We offer practical solutions to address barriers to change and mobilise the organisation. We encourage participants to bring their own experience, challenges and issues to discuss with the group and gain collective insights.
Who Should Attend
Individuals involved in strategy development, corporate, business and functional planning, financial management and/or programme/project management looking to improve their competencies and know-how in making strategy happen. Participants are typically middle to senior level managers working in Strategy and Planning, Corporate Development, Enterprise Performance Management, Finance, Programme Management, HR or involved with a Change / Transformation initiative.
Participants are awarded a Certificate of Completion at the end of the seminar following the successful completion of required assessment. Delegates who successfully complete all five of the seminar series and the required assessments will be awarded a Certificate in Strategy Management. Our seminars are eligible for CPD credits (cpduk.co.uk).
Our faculty members have an average of 15 years of experience in leadership and strategy management as business managers, consultants and executive coaches/trainers. Visiting speakers, gurus and subject matter experts enrich the learning experience in some of the seminars.
Our seminars can be attended as a stand-alone event or as part of a comprehensive programme of learning. The fees per delegate:
- Stand alone 2 Day Seminar: Early Bird £1075 + VAT or standard rate £1375 + VAT
- Complete suite of ‘Applied Strategy Execution’ seminars: 5* 2 day seminars @ £1275+VAT per seminar
Fees include all pre-course and course materials, food and refreshments during the seminar. Accommodation is not included in the fees however we typically secure delegate preferential rates on-site or at nearby hotels. Discounted delegate rates may be available for groups of 4 or more delegates from the same company.