Delivering Measurable Results With Strategic Projects
Knowing how to manage initiatives effectively is fundamental to the successful implementation of strategies. Without the critical projects that create the step change and close performance gaps, the organisation cannot attain its strategic aspirations. In this seminar, we work through proven initiative and change management tools and techniques that help organisations improve their odds of making their strategies happen. We focus on understanding how to:
- Identify, prioritise and select strategic initiatives to close the performance gap between the current state and the defined strategic destination
- Define and implement an Initiative Management Framework, which ensures that projects are aligned with the strategy, value is generated from the portfolio of initiatives, and a sense of urgency is instilled within the management and delivery teams.
This seminar is one of a suite of Strategy Management Professional Development programmes designed to equip leaders and managers engaged in strategy execution to drive measurable change and performance improvement in their organisations.
Our seminars are unique in addressing both the cognitive and behavioural sides of making strategy happen. We go beyond the theories and best practices of strategy execution with the hands on application of proven tools and methodologies to real business challenges. As a seminar delegate, you will actively learn from discussions with your peers and our experts, exercises, and case study work. You will have the opportunity to reflect on and apply what you learn immediately to your own situation.
By the end of this seminar you will:
- Know how to identify, prioritise and select the key projects essential to deliver the strategy
- Be able to develop initiative implementation plans with robust budget and resource requirements
- Develop an understanding of how to define the right measures for success
- Become aware of good project management discipline and best practice frameworks to manage the implementation of initiatives and ensure expected benefits are realised
- Learn how to mobilise, engage and motivate the organisation to manage and make the changes required for the initiatives to succeed
- Ask the question ‘So What’? to understand what insights we are gaining from implementing this initiative and will it help make a real strategic impact?
- Gain confidence on how to make the tough calls to pull/redirect initiatives without blame or personal agendas
The format of the seminar is one of applied hands on learning coupled with conceptual rigour and subject matter expertise. We take the best of traditional models of training, coaching, and case base learning to deliver high value indispensable content and know-how for today’s leaders engaged in managing and implementing strategy. We incorporate exercises to simulate real working situations. We offer practical solutions to address barriers to change and mobilise the organisation. We encourage participants to bring their own experience, challenges and issues to discuss with the group and gain collective insights.
Who Should Attend
Individuals involved in strategy development, corporate, business and functional planning, financial management and/or programme/project management looking to improve their competencies and know-how in making strategy happen. Participants are typically middle to senior level managers working in Strategy and Planning, Corporate Development, Enterprise Performance Management, Finance, Programme Management, HR or involved with a Change / Transformation initiative.
Participants are awarded a Certificate of Completion at the end of the seminar following the successful completion of required assessment. Delegates who successfully complete all five of the seminar series and the required assessments will be awarded a Certificate in Strategy Management. Our seminars are eligible for CPD credits (cpduk.co.uk).
Our faculty members have an average of 15 years of experience in leadership and strategy management as business managers, consultants and executive coaches/trainers. Visiting speakers, gurus and subject matter experts enrich the learning experience in some of the seminars.
Our seminars can be attended as a stand-alone event or as part of a comprehensive programme of learning. The fees per delegate:
- Stand alone 2 Day Seminar: Early Bird £1075 + VAT, Standard rate £1375 + VAT
- Complete suite of ‘Applied Strategy Execution’ seminars: 5* 2 day seminars @ £1275+VAT per seminar
Fees include all pre-course and course materials, food and refreshments during the seminar. Accommodation is not included in the fees however we typically secure delegate preferential rates on-site or at nearby hotels. Discounted delegate rates may be available for groups of 4 or more delegates from the same company.