Initiative Management & Implementation
The effective management of initiatives and business improvement projects is fundamental to ‘Making Strategy Happen’. The organisation cannot attain its desired future state without critical projects that create a step change in performance and close the performance gaps. In a recent survey by the Economist Intelligence Unit, 88% of executives acknowledged that executing strategic initiatives successfully will be essential to their organisation’s competitiveness over the next 3 years. Yet less than 50% of strategic initiatives are well implemented.
Our focus is to ensure a faster transition from planning to implementation. We create a deliberate execution bias early in the strategy process where critical initiatives are easily identified and inextricably linked to the achievement of the strategic goals.
Initiative Management One
Lawrence Hrebiniak, Making strategy Work
Some of the work we do in this area includes:
- Prioritising and defining strategic initiatives to address performance gaps
- Managing the implementation of the initiative portfolio
- Overseeing a Programme Management Office and cross-functional project teams
- Facilitating peer reviews and dialogue to assess risks and address issues
- Capturing learning from implementation to improve practices and processes